WHAT: A new law that updates Pennsylvania’s animal cruelty statutes including language to protect the well-being of tethered or chained dogs is the subject of a presentation on the proper way to have your dog on a lead, how to recognize signs of distress in a tethered dog and who to call if you are concerned about the welfare of a dog.
• Patricia Heiland, Board President, Helen Krause Animal Foundation
• Sen. Mike Regan (R-Cumberland/York)
• Rep. Dawn Keefer (R-Cumberland/York)
• Sen. Mario Scavello (R-Monroe/Northampton
• Rep. Todd Stephens (R-Montgomery)
• Kristen Tullo, PA State Director, The Humane Society of the United States
• Ron Hollister, Humane Society Police Officer
• Mary Jane McNamee, JD, VMD, The Pennsylvania Veterinary Medical Association
WHEN: Wednesday, July 19, at 11 a.m.
WHERE: Helen O. Krause Animal Foundation, 813 S. Baltimore St., Dillsburg
Media coverage is welcome and encouraged at this educational and informative event.
Excellent photo opportunities with legislative, professional and canine attendees.
Helen Krause Animal Foundation tours will be available directly following the event.
Media contact: Greg Gross, 717.260.6374, firstname.lastname@example.org